1930 - N537W
Currently under restoration, the Monocoupe 90 was one of the first successful fully enclosed cabins. In the 1930s, there was a growing desire for enclosed cabins on planes to protect pilots and their passengers from the elements. The Mono Company in Moline, Illinois, following similar trends in automobiles, branded the plane as a “Coupe”. The Monocoupe, in its heyday, was used in speed runs and other challenges frequently winning them and often setting records.